There is a fundamental demographic shift happening that will change the United States forever.
- Approximately one out of every six Americans is Hispanic
- The 47.8 million Hispanics in the United States outnumber Canadians in Canada. U.S. Hispanics are equal to twice the population of Australia.
- If you include the 4 million Hispanics living in Puerto Rico and the 10 million undocumented Hispanics, the number of U.S. Hispanics is greater than the population of California and greater than the population of Texas and New York combined.
- In all, U.S. Hispanics make up the second-largest Hispanic nation in the world, second only to Mexico.
- By 2050, the U.S. Census Bureau predicts the number of Hispanics in the America to reach 102.6 million and constitute 25 percent of the U.S. population.
- That means that every minute 2.5 Hispanics are born or 3,700 every day.
- This is the equivalent of adding a Berkeley, Calif., or an Ann Arbor, Mich., every month. If you take a step further, it’s like adding a city the size of Phoenix or Philadelphia full of Hispanics every year, from now until the year 2050.
- Hispanics represent over 50% of the U.S. population growth since 2000.
- 25% of all kindergarten students in public and private schools in the United States are Hispanic.